- Completed Bachelor of Arts (Accounting) in November 1980
- Completed Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting May 1983 and was admitted as an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Commenced work with Arthur Young & Co (now Ernst & Young) as an audit junior in January 1981
- Commenced work with Hungerford Hancock & Offner (now KPMG) 1 July 1984 as Senior Accountant
- Commenced work with Mann Judd & Associates 1 July 1987 as accounting Supervisor
- Commenced work with Walters & Bolaffi (now Haines Norton) on 31 March 1994 as a Senior Associate
- Started the practice of Ritt Accounting & Consulting, 1 January 1998 from the front two rooms of my home
- Entered into new partnership with Amanda Watchman 1 July 2010 to form Ritt Watchman & Associates.
Each firm that I worked with gave me a different experience:
- Arthur Young & Co taught me the art of audit of large companies public companies and how they function,
- Hungerford Hancock & Offner gave me a start into the arena of taxation and business accounting,
- Mann Judd & Associates allowed me to consolidate and refine my knowledge of taxation and business accounting and taught me to open my eyes to the need to consult with clients on not just accounting and taxation matters, but also many other aspects of their business and personal lives as all are entwined and answers to questions sometimes requires all aspects of life taken into account.
- Haines Norton taught me that I could do it for myself.
- Ritt Watchman & Associates taught me that we can do just about anything and that we have a lot of professional support in the business community
With 34 years of experience in public practice I could claim to have seen it all, but that would not be the truth. The truth is that there are still surprises as each client is unique, every situation needs to be approached with open eyes as no two clients (people) have are the same.
Work done for clients includes:
- Accounting & taxation compliance work
- Taxation Planning (minimisation and timing)
- Wage audits for Payroll Tax and Workcover
- Business valuations
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Business start ups
- Business structuring
- Cash flow forecasts and budgeting
- Succession and estate planning
- Self-managed superannuation funds (SMSF) both establishment and audit
- Matrimonial divorce settlements
- Asset protection strategies
- Client accounting support (MYOB, Quickbooks and other software)
- Due diligence
- Finance application support
Registrations & Professional Qualifications
- Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Interests & Hobbies
Online PC gaming, and spending time with my grown up family.